As there having been requests for a more details on the crepe paper that I did for the Making Memories post, I posting a detailed tutorial on the crepe paper flower.
What happens when I cannot not find a suitable embellishment in my stash to highlight the page – I decide to make my own flower in the shade that matched my layout.
All you need are a few basic items:
– crepe paper (in any color you require)
– circle punch (or you can just trace the base of an small circle container)
– card stock
– glue (double sided tape or tape glue)
1. Punch or cut out a circle of cardstock of your desired side. I used both a 1″ and 1.5″ circle for the flowers in my layout. Apply glue all over one side of the circle.
2. Give the end of your crepe paper a little twist and stick onto the middle of the circle.
3. Keep twisting the crepe paper and stick the crepe paper onto the cardstock in a circular pattern.
4. Keep going until you reach the edge of the circle.
5. Tape the lose end of the crepe paper to the back of the circle and cut of the excess.
Now you have the perfect colored crepe paper flower for your layout.
I hope the steps are much clearer now. If you have any questions, do drop me a message. Cheers.